Walker and Son Hauliers (Ltd) was established in 1954 by Edward Daniel Walker. From modest beginnings as a small Haulage contractor based in the village of East Markham, Nottinghamshire he gradually laid the solid foundations of today’s wide ranging operations.
The next 3 generations of Walkers have built on those foundations and developed a thriving International company with a deserved reputation for total professionalism.
In 1960 the business moved to its current location on the British Field site in Tuxford just off the A1, north of Newark. This central position between the A1 and the M1 allows easy access to any part of the country, air-ports and main shipping points and provided the company with its first buildings in which to begin its now expansive warehousing operation. The subsequent purchase of the Sutton-In-Ashfield Site in 1981 expanded the Haulage and Warehouse operation further.
Walker’s world-wide service now operates regularly throughout Europe and they have undertaken major projects in Scandinavia, Asia, U.S.A, Australia and North Africa.